2015 Bacon and Beer Classic | San Jose Municipal Stadium | San Jose, CA USA 95112 | Saturday, March 21, 2015
Bacon and beer lovers near and far, cause for celebration is here! The Bacon and Beer Classic combines bacon, beer, and the ballpark for an event not soon forgotten! After a successful inaugural year in 2014, hosting events in New York City and Seattle, the Bacon and Beer Classic will be visiting over 8 cities nationally in 2015, and will be kicking off the entire tour in San Francisco.
The Bacon and Beer Classic is a one-of-a-kind event uniting bacon and beer enthusiasts nationwide. Hosted in major league baseball stadiums on non-game day Saturdays across America, The Bacon and Beer Classic brings in the best local breweries and restaurants for a day full of mouth-watering beer and bacon samples, accompanied by DJs, interactive games, beer schools and cooking demos. From novice tasters to expert consumers, there is something for everyone at this event!
What is in store?
- Over 40 local brewers including Uncommon Brewers, Strike Brewing Co., Santa Cruz Mountain Brewing, Santa Clara Valley Brewing, Lagunitas Brewing Company, Ballast Point Brewing and Spirits, Knee Deep Brewing and Santa Cruz Ale Works are all signed up to serve at least two of their most coveted craft selections.
- Chefs from more than 40 expected restaurants are challenged to bring their most inventive and delicious bacon-inspired dishes to the plate. Local restaurants including Casa de Cobre, Psycho Donuts, Henry’s World Famous Hi-Life, Firehouse No. 1 Gastropub and Les Marguerites will be dishing out their best bacon. The combination of refreshing craft beer and delectable bacon is sure to please all palettes!
- San Jose’s judging panel includes:
- Chef Keriann von Raesfeld of Exposed Gastronomy and season 12 of Top Chef on Bravo
- Head of Brewing for Gordon Biersch Brewing Company and Sausage King of Chicago Dan Gordon
- Executive Chef and Owner of Brown Sugar Kitchen and B-Side BBQ Tanya Holland
- Chris Cohen, Certified Cicerone and Beer Consultant and Author of the Beer Scholar Study Guides.
Fans can attend the Brunch session from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m., or the Evening session running 7p.m. until 10 p.m. The option to attend both sessions is available, however separate entrance tickets are required. All tickets include a souvenir Bacon and Beer Classic branded glass to take home.
- General Admission tickets are $59 and they are going fast!
- Fans may choose to purchase the VIP Experience ticket for $99. VIP guests will have 1-hour early admission (11am and 6pm respectively), exclusive entrance to the VIP area on the warning track and dugouts, samples of craft beer on the field, and more!
- Designated driver tickets are available at a cost of $29.
The tour included two cities last year and has grown exponentially to include more than eight destinations this year! “We are so excited to be bringing the Bacon and Beer Classic to California!” says Kate Levenstien, founder of Cannonball Productions and Bacon and Beer Classic. “Now our fans from coast to coast can be a part of this exclusive event series. With California being home to some of the biggest foodies and sports fans, we knew it was only fitting for us to kick off 2015 inSan Jose and we can’t wait to share the bacon and beer selections we’ve brewed up!”
Cannonball Productions works hard to make a national series event feel personal to each city. They partner with neighborhood vendors and organizations to give this event that local hometown feel. This year they have partnered with One Brick, a charity that brings volunteers together to help share this experience with the community.
For up-to-date information on the event, please visit Bacon and Beer Classic.
Please PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
Facebook: facebook.com/bandbclassic | Twitter: @bandbclassic | Instagram: bandbclassic | Hashtag: #bandbclassic