This year, Beer Camp is back, and they have journeyed across the globe to partner with 12 of amazing brewers from the United States and overseas for this one-of-a-kind, variety pack of flavors, styles and packaging. On the agenda, there's an 8 festival tour, many sponsored by the local craft brewers’ guilds in each city. Stay tuned for live music, street artists, food trucks and hundreds of beers for tasting.
What about San Francisco?
Why I'm glad you asked! San Francisco's Beer Camp event will be happening on June 3 @ Pier 48 from 1-5PM. See below for some of the incredible collaborations that willbe presented at the festival and on stock at your participating stores starting on June 1st.
2017's 'Across the World' is an evolution of the concept started by Sierra Nevada in 2013 to celebrate the spirit of craft and independence through collaborations with like-minded brewers. This year, 12 breweries representing unique geographies and brewing styles were tapped to participate in a one-time collaboration pack that includes the following.
Hint: I've gone ahead and labled them based on my own preference (but feel free to disagree!).
- White IPA with Yuzu is a hopped-up White Ale with bright tartness from our friends at Kiuchi Brewery in Naka-shi, Ibaraki, Japan.
- Ginger Lager is a bright, crisp flavor bomb made with the good folks at Surly Brewing Co., Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Thai-Style Iced Tea is a nod to our globetrotting friends from Mikkeller Brewery in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Raspberry Sundae boasts raspberry, cocoa and vanilla in an ultra-complex beer from The Bruery in Placentia, California.
- West Coast-Style DIPA is an intense Double IPA created with the hopheads at Boneyard Beer of Bend, Oregon.
- Dry-Hopped Barleywine-Style Ale, combining two classic barleywines from Sierra Nevada and Avery Brewing Co. of Boulder, Colorado.
- Atlantic-Style Vintage Ale brewed with Fuller’s Brewery of London, United Kingdom.
- Campout Porter featuring manuka wood and honey from our friends at Garage Project in Wellington, New Zealand.
- Hoppy Belgian-Style Golden, a hop-forward rendition of the golden ale style that is classically Duvel from Puurs, Belgium.
- Dry-Hopped Berliner-Style Weisse brewed with Saint Arnold Brewing Company of Houston, Texas.
- Dunkle Weisse brewed in collaboration with Ayinger Brewery of Aying, Bavaria, Germany.
- East Meets West IPA is an unfiltered, golden IPA from the pioneers of the New England style, Tree House Brewing Company in Monson, Massachusetts.